Jobs at Voices of Ascension
Grammy-nominated professional chorus Voices of Ascension is seeking an Administrative Manager to work alongside the Executive Director. The Administrative Manager will provide administrative and logistical assistance and project coordination for Artistic, Development, Finance, and Marketing initiatives as needed. In this role, you will work directly with the Executive Director to set seasonal goals and effectively manage this active and growing non-profit.
This role will allow you to leverage your creative and analytical skills. We’re looking for someone who can work independently and surface new, innovative ideas – while at the same time working very collaboratively with office staff, our board, artists, volunteers, and patrons. Responsibilities include:
• Provide support to Executive Director
• Conduct research and gather information
• Maintain organizational calendar and files
• Handle scheduling, invitations & RSVPs and logistics for all meetings and events
• Edit and create digital and print documents and spreadsheets
• Provide general office management: communications, basic IT, purchasing
• Act as primary point of contact for VIPs, audience members and donors
• Assist with the concert logistics
• Maintain donor information in eTapestry database, process reports and queries, process gifts daily, including acknowledgments, and reconcile income with accounting on a monthly basis
The successful candidate will have:
• 3-5 years of professional experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in a nonprofit arts organization
• Exceptional business communication, interpersonal, organizational, time and project management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Experience working with a database management system, preferably eTapestry
• Technical proficiency, including Google Drive and Analytics, Microsoft Office, Squarespace, Adobe Creative Suite, Quickbooks
• Willingness and ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours for concerts or special events
• Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects
• BA/BS degree; background in or knowledge of classical music welcomed but not required
Voices of Ascension Chorus and Orchestra, founded and directed by conductor Dennis Keene, is one of the world's premier professional choral ensembles. The ensemble's annual series of concerts in New York City, now in its 29th season, and Grammy-nominated recordings on Delos and Naxos have received unequivocal critical acclaim.
Please send cover email and resume to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you if your resume is a match with the requirements of the role.